Homayoun Shajarian is a Persian classical music vocalist, as well as a Tombak and Kamancheh player. He was born (21 May 1975) in Tehran in a music-dedicated family. He is the son of Mohammad Reza Shajarian, who is in turn the grand master vocalist of traditional Persian music. He began studying knowledge of technique and rhythm under supervision of Nasser Farhangfar, master of Tombak, at the age of five. Afterwards, he also continued learning Tombak under Jamshid Mohebbi's supervision. He commenced learning Persian traditional vocal Avaz under father’s supervision and gained knowledge of Avaz techniques and voice-producing. Simultaneously, he attended Tehran Conservatory of Music and chose Kamancheh as his professional instrument as well as being tutored by Kamran Darogheh and Ardeshir Kamkar. He joined Ava Music Ensemble in 1991. He accompanied father, Hossein Alizadeh and Keyhan Kalhor in concerts of Ava Music Ensemble, playing Tombak. From 1999 on, he started accompanying father also on vocals. He has performed in several famous festivals including: Fez Festival (Morocco), Kölner Philharmonie, Berliner Philhatmonie, Royal Festival Hall London, New York World Music Institute and Paris Theatre. From 2007, he has performed some concerts in Europe and North America in conjunction with Dastan Ensemble and released two albums, "Ghijake Koli" and "Khorshid-e Arezoo" in 2008.
Life Events Calendar
- 1975: Born on 21 May
- 1985: Began Studying Avaz under his father's supervision
- 1991: Joined Ava Music Ensemble, playing Tombak
- 1994: Performed Qassedak concerts around Europe with his father and Parviz Meshkatian
- 1999: Started co-vocaling with his father in concerts
- 2000: Accompanied his father in Nava, Dad-o-Bidad, and Zemestan in Europe, US, and Canada concerts
- 2002: Accompanied his father in Rast-Panjgah and Morakkab Khani in Europe and Canada concerts
- 2003: Published his first independent album: "Nassim-e Vasl"
- 2004: Published independent albums: "Na-Shakiba" and "Showq-e Doost"
- 2005: Published independent album: "Naqsh-e khiyal"
- 2006: Published independent album: "Ba Setareha"
- 2008: Published independent album (Live concert Berlin - in conjunction with Dastan Ensemble): "Ghijake Koli"
- 2008: Published independent album (Live concert Berlin - in conjunction with Dastan Ensemble): "Khorshid-e Arezoo"